Compliance Services - Investment Funds and SIBL Excluded Persons
Compliance with global anti-money laundering ("AML") standards continues to be a key issue for the investment fund industry. Increased regulatory focus and the implementation of aggressive international sanctions makes AML compliance even more important for firms that establish offshore investment fund structures.
MaplesFS offers a risk-based, cost-effective AML solution that can be tailored to suit the individual requirements of investment funds, as well as entities that are registered as Excluded Persons under the Fourth Schedule of the Securities Investment Business Law ("SIBL Excluded Persons"). This can include:
- provision of a money laundering reporting officer;
- provision of a compliance officer;
- manage the suspicious activity reporting process;
- acting as an ongoing liaison with local regulators, competent authorities or other regulatory or investigative agencies;
- delivery of AML training; and
- provision of an annual AML inspection that is designed to test and evaluate an internal AML programme and related controls.