Talk to our experts today for solutions tailored to your needs
Maples Fiduciary London
Our UK corporate and fiduciary services business has eight professionals based in London, with extensive experience across structured finance, hedge funds, private equity funds and corporate structures.
Structured finance experience includes ABS, RMBS, CMBS and covered bonds programmes as well as other bespoke UK SPV solutions. The team administers a growing book of public and private transactions, including RMBS, auto and personal loan warehousing facilities.
Investment fund and corporate experience includes services to management entities, portfolio and transaction entities and corporate holding entities.
Today’s increasingly data-driven world and rapidly evolving business and technology landscape has necessitated an update to the regulatory environment in the EU. The General Data Protection Regulation, which comes into effect on 25 May 2018, intends to strengthen and unify data protection for all individuals within the EU. Maples Fiduciary recognises the challenges that this presents to the UK securitisations market and remains committed to partnering with our clients and legal advisers to ensure preparedness as the effective date approaches.
The UK securitisation market faces what is expected to be an interesting year ahead. With the Bank of England’s Term Funding Scheme drawing to a close thus ending a cheap source of funding for the country’s banks, UK RMBS and ABS markets are quietly celebrating amid expectations that issuance patterns will continue the growth trajectory seen in more recent periods into 2018 and beyond.
Bespoke Support Driven by Our Global Expertise
We leverage our international and local market knowledge to deliver a tailored service to every client, anywhere in the world.
Designed to operate as one, strategically placed teams functions within a global model to provide continuous support to our clients within key jurisdictions across the Americas, Europe, Asia and the Middle East The collective knowledge of our global network, supported by regional capabilities that are culturally sensitive to the jurisdictions in which you do business, delivers consistent and quality service that speaks your business' language.
Our London office can provide:
- Provide independent, non-executive directors based in the UK with appropriate experience across investment funds, structured finance vehicles and corporate entities.
- Provide directors to vehicles who can act as general partner.
- Act as share trustee for orphan structures.
Incorporation and Corporate Services
- Provide incorporation services to UK companies and LLPs
- Provide independent ongoing administration of UK companies and LLPs, assisting them to fulfil their statutory and regulatory obligations and operate in accordance with the best practice corporate governance
- Provide registered office only services or registered office in conjunction with company secretarial and entity administration services
- Provide process agent services; and
- Assist with the dissolution and strike off of UK companies and LLPs.
Company Secretarial and Corporate Services
- Act as the named company secretary
- Provide substantive board support services, either as a standalone service or in conjunction with acting as the named company secretary
- Provide meeting facilities, initiate and attend board of director and annual general meetings via telephone
- Prepare and distribute agendas, board packs, minutes and action items to relevant parties
- Sign secretarial certificates, arrange the execution of agreements, liaise with third parties and provide copies of other documents prepared or retained by us as company secretary; and
- Provide secure online access to entity data via our online portal, Maples eServices. Information available via Maples eServices includes key corporate records such as registers, memorandum and articles of association and transaction documents.
Accounting and Tax Compliance Services
- Prepare GAAP and IFRS consolidated accounts and other periodic management accounts
- Liaise with auditors, where applicable
- Support certain regulatory reporting requirements including FATCA, CRS, AIFMD, Form PF, EMIR, ATED and UCITS; and
- Assist with the filing of tax returns.
The following materials provide more information on our global and UK fiduciary services offerings.